5 of the best Gmail Shortcuts
You might not be aware but Gmail has a set of shortcuts that can be quickly used so that your life becomes just that little bit easier. There are many other keyboard shortcuts however we are going to concentrate on the 5 most useful ones. If you would like to see a complete list of short cuts simply click this link.
Remembering the most useful keys is quite a simple task as many shortcuts only use one key and you will soon remember them especially if you put in a little effort at the start.
The first thing you need to know is how to turn on Keyboard shortcuts, go to the gear icon situated on the top right hand corner scroll down to settings click that tab and then click the General tab scroll down until you find the keyboard settings and enable.
The top 5 Keyboard Shortcuts
1. This combination of key swiftly moves you through your inbox conversations enabling you to fly through all of your correspondence.
2. Use the C key to quickly compose an email.
3. Use the letter D to compose an email in a new tab.
Shift & U
4. You can use this combination to mark a selected email as unread.
G then S
5. A very useful combination which when hit will bring you to all the starred emails from the starred folder.
You can overwrite the default shortcuts and input your own letters simply by going to keyboard shortcuts and changing the map to your own personal preference.